He loved them.
* The Furher was very proud of his name. Athal meaning “Nobel” and Wolfa meaning “Wolf”
* He forced his sister to change her name to Frau Wolf.
* His headquarters in the Ukraine was called WEREWOLF.
* On secret phone calls he frquently used the code name: Conductor Wolf.
* But Hitler’s greatest wolf-obsession came with the National Socialist resistance movement, known as Nazi Werewolves. The Guerilla bands stayed in Allied territory, performing various acts of sabotage and arson, and were plotting to assassinate General Eisenhower. The organization was formed at the end of World War II and is remembered as a “desperate defense of Nazism.” The soldiers were required to be blood-thirsty and violent like were-wolves, their symbol was the Wolfsangel.
I can’t help but wonder if this influenced Rob Zombie’s Grindhouse Trailer:
Of course, we’ll never know what Hitler would have thought of the 2008 movie trailer, because he died in 1978.
Go here to buy tickets to Friday’s Werewolf night — no service fee!